At the last second, I decided to smoke my first prime rib ever for Christmas dinner. The amount of clearance in the top grate of my LSG presented some challenges, but overall it worked like a charm & everyone agreed that the prime rib turned out great! I smoked it to 135 degrees internal, let it rest for 1 hour and I found out why everyone loves prime rib at the holidays!
Happy New Year everyone!
12 lb Prime Rib (ideal for 5 people)
Killer Hogs AP Rub
Killer Hogs Hot Rub
Montreal Steak Seasoning
1) Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 225 – 275 degrees, use hickory wood for flavor.
2) Trim excess fat and sinew from prime rib and tie with butcher string to hold shape during cooking.
3) Drizzle the outside with olive oil, season with AP Rub and Hot Rub.
4) In a small bowl combine herbs with steak seasoning; apply in a layer to outside of prime rib.
5) Place the prime rib on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 135 (or your desired temp for doneness)
BBQ Products Used In This Video:
Lone Star Grillz 20×42″ Offset Smoker
Fireboard Thermometer System
Thermoworks Thermapen instant read thermometer
Find Kenyatta on Social Media:
Get high quality sustainable meat, fruits & vegetables delivered to your door through the following online services:
– Butcher Box (save $30 on a new subscription):
– Porter Road (save $15 when you spend $75):
– Fresh Farm To You (Save $15 on your first box with this discount code: KENY1233 at
Give back through BBQ!
When disasters happen, the volunteers at BBQ Relief provide great food to the first responders & those who are impacted. Consider donating money or your time to Operation BBQ Relief